[pmwiki-users] Cookbook template qs and corrections

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Thu Jun 16 04:21:02 CDT 2005

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response, Ed. :)

On 16/06/2005, at 6:25 PM, Ed W wrote:

>> 3. What is the context of the string 'in'? It translates
>> differently  if it's "in [this amount of time]", as opposed to "in
>> [this place]"  or "in [this way]". For very brief strings, it's a
>> good idea to  include a description.
>
> In english it would mean:
>
> "The data HAS been saved INTO the file"
>
> ie data is safe and it's now in a file on the disk.
>
> Does that help?

Enormously, thankyou! That's a fourth meaning which I hadn't
included. My first three guesses would definitely have been wrong.
Guessing and translating don't go too well together, although there's
a certain amount of educated prediction in all language use.

Now that template is finished! :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc