[pmwiki-users] Re: Reason why pagetoc.php isn't used for Cookbook.Cookbook?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Jun 22 13:11:00 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 07:50:02PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>>> Which special markups do we need in the docs?
>>
>> There was a motion for a TOC markup, and you argued against it
>> because not making it core would break the PmWiki docs, and making
>> it core would (tend to) bloat PmWiki. I was just trying to find a
>> third alternative :-)
>
> Oh, I meant besides (:toc:).

Not really. I could imagine all sorts of things, but I have no
application with a concrete need in mind.

> We also have the possibility of including a limited version of
> (:toc:) in the core.

I'm a bit suspicious of such a move. Having multiple versions of the
same thing often leads to all sorts of confusion (both machine and human
confusion).
It's not very high on my list though - the problem isn't 100% sure to
occur, and if it ever does, we can still fix it (but we'd need the third
alternative then).

Regards,
Jo