[pmwiki-users] Input recipe: Entering alpha test

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Jun 27 14:31:13 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 07:50:33PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>
>>The markups (:input start...:) and (:input end:) have been tested and
>>confirmed to emit the HTML that they should. PmWiki wraps them in
>>paragraph tags; I dimly recall this can be prevented by generating that
>>as "block markup", but I don't know how. (What I need is "make it a
>>block markup and stuff it into Keep()". I'm grateful for any hints,
>>since I don't have the time to dig it up myself.
>

> One method is to only keep the part that needs to be
> protected.  For example, instead of
>
>    Keep("<form action='http://somewhere.com' method='post'>")
>
> you can do
>
>    "<form action='".Keep("http://somewhere.com")."' method='post'>"
>
> However, I admit this is a little ugly, so I'll see about coming up
> with a specialized Keep form or function that means "keep as block".

Hmm... I think I'll stick with <:block> as quoted by Christian.
It's a bit convoluted: (:input start:) and (:input end:) need a
different regex, and I'd have to prevent them from being recognised if
not at the beginning of a line - my first attempts for that met with
failure, so I'll have to spend a quieter hour with getting that right.

While we're at Keep(): What's its second parameter for? It's called
$level, but what it actually does doesn't look very level-like to me -
seems rather a way to create different Keep() namespaces. (I think I
have an (ab)use for the mechanism, but I need to understand it a little
better before going ahead.)

Regards,
JO