[pmwiki-users] Input recipe: Entering alpha test

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Jun 27 15:38:56 CDT 2005

Martin Fick wrote:

> Just a thought, but why bother with the (:input end:)?
>
> Why not treat if like a pmwiki (:if:), the next signals the
> end of the last one.  Can forms be nested?

They can't, so it's indeed not strictly necessary. (Can (:if:) be nested?)

My personal experience is that when editing a page, it's helpful if you
can see where each substructure (chapter, form, whatever) ends (or was
supposed to end). So right now, I'm not only bothering with (:input
end:), the script actually makes rude noises if you forget it ;-)
(well, not for the last (:input start:) on a page, so you won't usually
get the messages - somehow I never got around to looking for the right
place to stick the test).

Regards,
Jo