making mistakes (was: Re: [pmwiki-users] Deleting dead WikiPages and WikiGroups)

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sun Mar 6 18:54:14 CST 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 10:53, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2005-03-06  06:30 PM -0500, Radu is rumored to have said:
> >OK, I tried editing the page in the editor and leaving only "delete", but
> >it won't work. All it does is to leave the word delete in place. Therefore
> >my earlier interpretation - which I notice now might be wrong
> >
> >  -sorry OldAl, I'm new to pmwiki and my mouth(fingers, actually) need to
> > learn some manners (test before I suggest)
> >
> >OK, I tested it again and now it works: just edit the page, click in the
> >edit field, Ctrl-A to select all and then type "delete", then save.
> >

> >I'm gonna shut up and find a corner to sit in :(
>
> I am afraid you will have to wait until those of us who went to the corner
> ahead of you have vacated it.  :-)
>
> I have made several comments and suggestions here that were utter nonsense
> - for a few of them, I nominated myself for the coveted "PmWiki Idiot of
> the Week Award". (I am sorry, but I don't think your posting would qualify
> you for the award.)
>
> I emphatically encourage people to post here to answer questions, or if
> they belive they have found a bug or a new way to do thinks or a security
> leak. If the suggestion or comment is wrong or dubious, it exposes the fact
> that the existing documentation or user interface does not explain the
> matter clearly enough. It allows is to focus on what is important to users
> and admins and try to improve the docs and PmWIki.
>

> Neil

Neil, you are a gentelman and a scholar!  A pleasure to know you, even if only
in the cyberspace!

So what would you suggest to an old guy, who has been learning all his life
and will die ignorant, as far as PHP programming is concerned?  If the answer
is "go for it", any elementary texts that you would recommend to a person,
who spent many years programming (before the Computer Science was invented),
but heard of PHP programs/scripts only two months ago?

OldAl.

PS: Does Pm reside in Canada too?
A.

--