[pmwiki-users] Re: Perfection and Menus (WAS: on over-bundling) . . .

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Wed Mar 9 16:03:02 CST 2005

Not much. But the steps to take if you want to enable a gui bar are
different than for adding any other recipe. And anyway, if they're
disabled, why are they bundled in the first place? If your answer is 'for
convenience', then why not bundle lota of other often used recipes - and
leave them disabled?

I guess it all comes back to the featuritis, PmPhilosophy point#3: if it's
not needed for the support of other features, don;t include it in the core.

At 04:50 PM 3/9/2005, you wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 10:25:51AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:

> > >then :-)
> > >
> > >Make that a minority of three :)
> >
> > Four.
>
>What does it matter if they are a core part of pmwiki or not? They
>aren't enabled by default are they? The total disk space they take up is
>less than 30K. What's the problem with them just being there? Is there
>some added conceptual burden or some burden of complexity that I'm
>unaware of?
>
>-Scott
>--
>Jonathan Scott Duff