[pmwiki-users] Problems with paths in farms

rickla rickla.rick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 05:39:19 CST 2005

I realised that the plea for help I sent yesterday on the same subject
was a bit involved, and also that my installation was overly
complicated. So I started the installation from scratch, and I'm
rephrasing my queries.

I have a pmwiki farm installation and I intend eventually to have 3
fields. At the moment, the only field I have is one called
kumamotoeflwiki. I downloaded a skin and and customized it, and also a
few enhancements like PageTableOfContents, PublishWikiTrail, and
MarkupExtensions. Things look fine, but now I've got a strange
phenomenon whereby pressing "edit page" on the field wiki homepage
takes me to the root installation to edit the page. It seems that I
haven't fully understood how to setup paths.

Can anyone help me out? Here are a few specific questions related to
the instructions on the PmWiki/WikiFarms page:

1. Is it necessary to chmod the main pmwiki installation before
starting to setup a field?
2. Is the
$FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://.../pmwiki/pub';
command really enough for the local/farmconfig.php file? i.e. Don't
you also need a $FarmScriptUrl ?
3. Should pub have a trailing slash or not?
4. For $ScriptUrl, should the correct address end in scripts or pmwiki.php ?
5. After installation, when I check to see whether things seem to be
OK, what files and directories should I find within the field
directory?
6. How can I let the field know the path to the cookbook? (Or do I
need to copy it into every field?)

If anyone wants to see the strange behavior I mentioned, please visit
http://www dot rikiwiki dot net/pmwiki/kumamotoeflwiki/wiki.php and
press Edit Page.

Thanks for any guidance,
Rick