[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Perfection and Menus

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Sun Mar 13 09:52:02 CST 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 04:48, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:

> Not much. But the steps to take if you want to enable a gui bar are
> different than for adding any other recipe. And anyway, if they're
> disabled, why are they bundled in the first place? If your answer is 'for
> convenience', then why not bundle lota of other often used recipes - and
> leave them disabled?
>
> I guess it all comes back to the featuritis, PmPhilosophy point#3: if it's
> not needed for the support of other features, don;t include it in the core.
I agree to some extent.
One suggestion would be a new  section "Core Coookbook" OR "Cookbook.Core".
This section would be(in fact "must be") maintained/updated (if required) in
parallel with every new pmwiki release.

Further sub-division of this group may be possible: like "Core-Suggested
Cookbook", "Core-Recommended Cookbook", "Core-Essential Cookbook".
...just to begin with :)

This way core pmwiki distro can be compact.