[pmwiki-users] Re: URL approval questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 14 11:17:11 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 10:49:46PM -0800, Oneida Kincaid wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> >It's easy to set url approvals only in certain groups --
> >simply do the include of urlapprove.php only in the
> >per-group customization files.
>
> Thanks, Patrick! I hadn't used per group customizations
> before and so didn't have any experience with how useful
> they can be for something like restricting the application
> of urlapprove.

Just for completeness: if admin wants to have urlapprovals
site-wide but have it disabled in selected groups, then you
can put include_once('scripts/urlapprove.php'); in the site-wide
local/config.php file, and then put

   $EnableUrlApprovalRequired = 0;

in per-group or per-page customizations where url approvals
aren't required or desired.  I've done this in a few groups and
pages on pmwiki.org (e.g., the WikiSandbox).