[pmwiki-users] Question about sidebar

Richard Burnett burnett at cadence.com
Tue Mar 15 10:01:08 CST 2005

I wanted to share my solution for removing the page name from the
sidebar.  Unfortunately, I couldn't see a way to change it without
modifying the php code, maybe someone else knows something I missed.

In the pmwiki.php, if you look at the function 'PrintWikiPage', this is
what gets called when the parser finds 'wiki:Main.SideBar' in the
template file.  Specifically, as it's reading in the page information,
it does this:

echo $pagename;

Then it reads the content of the page and uses the MarkupToHTML to put
the rest of the page contents on the page.  Once I commented out the
above echo, that part went away, problem solved.

There are a million different ways I could handle this, however I think
the best way is to put a variable in my config that is something like

$PageNames=0;

Or something like that.  But for now, I am just going to comment it
out.  I can see where it is useful for knowing where you are, but for
my particular sidebar, it's not necessary.

Thoughts?

Rick