[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: category output

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Mar 16 05:11:01 CST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, John Coxon wrote:

> >> Yes, I'm working on this one.  It will probably give the first
> >> paragraph of content.
> >
> > As for what part to extract, the 1st paragraph isn't necessarily so
> > good.
> > John and I had a discussion about this, but can't rememerber how the
> > whole thing ended.. John?
>
> At first I  thought displaying the contents of (:title bla bla:) would
> work, but on reflection I think I would want a chance to display
> (:title bla bla:) and/or something like (:subtitle more bla bla:). It
> could be useful to _not_ contaminate the page with stuff intended for
> (:pagelist:)

For the teaser markup, e.g.
	T* [[SomePage]]

I think I wanted it to by default get the paragraph that contains the
label [[#teaser]] (or something like that). It might be that we ended with
this solution:

	T* [[SomePage]]	      -> Use 1st paragraph
	T* [[SomePage#]]      -> Use par. with default label ([[#teaser]]
	T* [[SomePage#desc]]  -> Use par. with label [[#desc]]

but I'm not sure... yup, this is correct, see
	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions

Anyway, it's useful being able to specify what paragraph to get.

> A different John

The same Christian