[pmwiki-users] Re: category output

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Mon Mar 21 15:27:53 CST 2005

Was going through posts I missed and I found this:

At 09:31 PM 3/15/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>One of the first things we can add is a fmt=category option
>to (:pagelist:), which would exclude the category page itself
>and could potentially omit any other pages that are already
>listed in a trail on the current page (this achieves Christian's
>idea of building trails on category pages, and using the pagelist
>feature to catch any trails in the category that aren't explicitly
>listed on the trail).

This would solve a couple of my problems too, though it would be much more
helpful if there was a way to render a pagelist on a page rather than
having to copy the list from read view and paste it into edit view.

And again, maybe I should not be so lazy :)

Here's what I have to explain to my authors:

To get a list of pages containing a specific string, while editing a page:
*put close to the top of the page a (:pagelist String :)
*click Preview, then WAIT as long as it takes
*scroll down and copy the list that was generated
*delete the (:pagelist:) directive and replace it with the copied text
*edit,sort,comment the list as you wish

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)