[pmwiki-users] Re: localmap.txt does not allow relative URIs (Was: host-independent ..

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Mar 17 02:53:03 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:41:07 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
> <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:32:39PM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> > > I'd like it to be relative to the site, if I don't put in the http://
> > > part myself.  That would solve *my* intermap difficulties (because the
> > > server changes depending on what machine I'm running the wiki from).
> >
> > localmap.txt doesn't require the http: in front...
> >
> >     Gallery        /uploads/Gallery/$1
> >
> > will cause Gallery:somepic.jpg to generate '/uploads/Gallery/somepic.jpg'
> > as the target url.
>
> *test* *jaw drop*

Me too.. I could even have sworn that I tested it... but when I tried it
again it does work as Patrick says...

> It must be making URLs that are relative to the site, as opposed to
> the wikipage that I'm on (the way that I thought it would).

That'd be the standard for HREF's starting with '/'.. Unfortunately this
doesn't help me when I move a wiki around on the same server, guess I
either need variables for that, or for the path to be relateive to the
wiki.

As a background: When installing a new version of PmWiki or trying
something fancy, I like to be able to create a brand new installation and
just copy all the files.. In this case it is of course very useful if I
don't have to manually modify localmap.txt. Hmm.. maybe it'd be nice with
a cookbook page with tips on how to do stuff like:
* Migrating from PmWiki v1 to v2
* Testing major new cookbook stuff on a test site?
etc

/Christian