[pmwiki-users] Linking to Categories

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 18 07:54:20 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 03:36:18AM -0500, Radu wrote:
> As implemented, I see that [[!Keyword]] is just an alias for
> [[Category/Keyword]] (or Keyword in whatever group is configured to act as
> category group), not a different feature. Maybe Pm intended it as a
> wiki-content standard rather than a feature, and we took it as a separate
> wiki feature.

Category-links is aleady a wiki-content convention that exists in other
wikis and has for many years; the difference being that other wikis don't
have "wiki groups" into which they can place the category links.  Our
original discussion of categories was that PmWiki's convention would
be to use [[Category/XYZ]] for category links, but then quite a few people
felt it deserved a special markup shortcut and so we chose [[!XYZ]].