[pmwiki-users] Linking to Categories

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Mar 18 21:22:23 CST 2005

Hey Tom.

Try this in local/config:

$SearchPatterns['mine'][] = $SearchPatterns['normal'];
$SearchPatterns['mine'][] = '!\.Template$!';

If you have other special pages you want to exclude from pagelists, do
stuff like:

$SearchPatterns['mine'][] = '!\.(Template|OtherSpecialPage|YetAnother)$!';

And then when using list=mine in pagelist and searchresult, those pages
will be excluded.

Note that I haven't tried this myself, it's only an extrapolation, so it
may not work. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll try to figure it out.
(I'm not using categories in my wiki cos they're too slow for me)

At 06:07 PM 3/18/2005, Tom Holroyd wrote:
>>Currently PmWiki assumes that when a page links to a category, that it
>>*belongs* in that category...but it isn't always so!  We've got at
>>least two possible intentions:
>
>In my case, I have a Software.Template that is a template for all pages in
>the Software group (actually a subgroup).  I don't really want the
>Software.Template page to show up as part of the category, though it of
>course says [[!Software]] at the bottom.
>
>I was a little surprised that it was in the category, because,
>intuitively, nothing "links" to that page.  Of course that's not how it works.
>
>It wouldn't be a problem if I could edit the Category.Software page, and
>save it without that line.  Or filter the page somehow, like having a
>template for it that included filters.
>
>         Blah blah, Software category, blah blah,
>                 * some special links
>                 * that are very important
>         and the rest of the category:
>                 (:pagelist fmt=category exclude=Category/SoftCatExcl:)
>
>or something like that.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)