[pmwiki-users] block preformat, spaceless?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 19 17:04:33 CST 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 01:16:15AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> Rather than coming up with yet another set of hard-to-remember symbols, why
> not just bite the bullet and do something like:
>
> (:code:)
> line 1
> line 2
> etc
> (:codeend:)

Some questions:

1.  Should (:code:)...(:codeend:) wiki-escape everything that appears
    inside of it -- i.e., not process the contents for wikiwords,
    urls, includes, etc.?  One of the advantages of [=...=] is that
    it's somewhat more clear that wikiwords and other markups aren't
    being processed.

2.  Assuming we develop a (:div:) markup as per other threads
    (http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2005-March/010783.html)
    to support specialized block stylings, should we instead be using...?

    >>code<<
    line 1
    line 2
    etc