[pmwiki-users] Re: SourceForge.net Read-Only Policy - PmWiki-Incompatible?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat May 14 00:49:42 CDT 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, H. Fox wrote:

> Heads up to anyone with PmWiki running on the SF.net servers!  The web
> service will be re-mounted read-only on the 23rd.

Not yet, but I eventually will..

> On 3/1/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > So, all you would need to do is create /tmp/persistent/qdig/ ,
> > and then configure PmWiki with:
> >
> >     $WikiDir = new PageStore('/tmp/persistent/qdig/wiki.d/$FullName');
> >     $UploadDir = '/tmp/persistent/qdig/uploads';
> >
> > and it'll run just fine.
>
> This doesn't work.  Specifically, here is what I did (or thereabouts)
> using a fresh beta-36 installation.
>
> mkdir -p /tmp/persistent/qdig/pmwiki-files
> chmod 2777 /tmp/persistent/qdig/pmwiki-files
>
> in local/config.php:
>
> $WikiTitle = 'Test Wiki';
> $WikiDir = new PageStore('/tmp/persistent/qdig/pmwiki-files/wiki.d/$FullName');
> $UploadDir = '/tmp/persistent/qdig/pmwiki-files/uploads';
>
> The lines seem to have no effect.
>
> http://qdig.sourceforge.net/testwiki/pmwiki.php

If you look in /tmp/persistent/qdig/pmwiki-files, has anything been
created?

You could also try adding a 'mkdir' within config.php to verify that the
pmwiki really does have permisson to create a directory in that location.

For instance, create a 'my_test.php' with this:

<?php
$go = 1;
cmd("mkdir -p /tmp/persistent/qdig/pmwiki-files/myTest");

function cmd($s) {
  global $go;
  if($go) {
    echo "> ".$s."\n";
    system("$s 2>&1");
  } else {
  }
}

?>

and then execute this from a browser. The output should contain any error
messages you get.

/Christian