[pmwiki-users] Re: SourceForge.net Read-Only Policy - PmWiki-Incompatible?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat May 14 01:15:13 CDT 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 06:40:59PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> Soon the directories on the SF.net servers will be mounted read-only
> and chmod (2)777 on the wiki's directory or ./wiki.d will have no
> effect.  The web servers will not be able to write to any directory
> that may be served directly (i.e. any subdirectory of the web document
> root).

Here ya go -- I've tested this configuration (including uploads)
at http://pmwiki.sourceforge.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php :

    <?php
      session_save_path('/tmp/persistent/pmwiki/sessions');

      $WikiTitle = 'Test SF PmWiki';

      $WorkDir = '/tmp/persistent/pmwiki/wiki.d';
      $WikiDir = new PageStore('/tmp/persistent/pmwiki/wiki.d/$FullName');

      $UploadDir = '/tmp/persistent/pmwiki/uploads';
      $EnableDirectDownload = 0;
      $EnableUpload = 1;
      $DefaultPasswords['upload']='$1$S9s021fz$EqgqqIxIS06CVCn7poqWa.';
    ?>

I tested the above with beta36, but it should work for anything after
beta31 (beta31 introduced the $EnableDirectDownload option).

Note that in order for passwords to work properly I had to create
my own session_save_path directory and give it write permissions
as well.  Or, one could use   include_once('scripts/httpauth.php')
instead.

For the Qdig configuration, where you're basing everything out of
/tmp/persistent/qdig/pmwiki-files/ , make sure that /tmp/persistent/qdig/
has exec permissions for "other" (e.g., at least 711), otherwise the
"nobody" account won't be able to access the pmwiki-files/ subdirectory.

Hope this helps.