[pmwiki-users] Italian translation for V2

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Fri May 20 15:56:29 CDT 2005

Ugo Mariani wrote:
> One thing I don't get... can I translate any pagename (apart from
> -Syst pages) in the StateofTranslation page without breaking all the
> links to that page? How do I tell PmWiki that I've renamed a
> particular page?

The best strategy for this that I came for with is:

* Translate the page names so your Italian users will feel at home.
* Create pages with the original English names that are redirects to the
Italian pages, so anybody who picks up a link in an international forum
or uses Italian /and/ English in his work can still use the English page
names.

Regards,
Jo