[pmwiki-users] Re: RE: Fixed: Error in cookbook rename function

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue May 31 09:12:23 CDT 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I'd love to have a suite of regression tests -- I haven't figured out a
> good way to build regression tests on what is essentially web output.
> (I had a start in early versions of 2.0.develXX, but it became a little
> unwieldy to work with.)
>
> So, if someone knows a good way to do regression tests on web output, we
> can start building them.

I assume you mean aside from simply using curl or wget to retrieve the
page and compare the output?

Using a browser like lynx, we could also extract a "text only" version of
the page and compare that output.

Anyway, I'm all in favor of regression tests... so far I've stuck to using
a separate test group where I manually inspect the pages to see that they
look ok.

/Christian