[pmwiki-users] Restructure Site.EditForm

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 16 18:33:42 CDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 09:57:48PM +0200, Peter Brink wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud skrev:
> >On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 02:27:27PM +0200, Peter Brink wrote:
> >
> >>I'd like to restructure the layout of Site.EditForm. What I'd like do is
> >>to the have the save button after the preview, and only a preview button
> >>on the regular edit form.
> >

> >Hmm, I always like a good challenge!  See if this does what you want:
> >
> >    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/EditPreview?action=edit
> >
> >The edit form I'm using to do this is here:
> >
> >    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/EditPreviewForm?action=source
> >
> >Let me know if it works out.  :-)
> >

> Did you have to do something under the hood of PmWiki to get it to work?

I didn't do anything special to PmWiki to get this to work, other than
tell the Test.EditPreview page to use Test.EditForm as its edit form
instead of the default Site.EditForm.

> When I try the code at my site
> (http://trudvang.rollspelshornan.se/Test/EditForm) it doesn't quite look
> the same as on pmwiki.org. I'm obviously using a different skin, which
> might be the culprit, but just to make sure.

I suspect you need to load the page into Site.EditForm, rather than
Test.EditForm.  Either that or you need to set

    $PageEditForm = 'Test.EditForm';

in a configuration file somewhere to tell PmWiki to use Test.EditForm
instead of the default.

If that's still not working, let me know and we'll troubleshoot it a
bit more.  :-)