[pmwiki-users] {$UrlPage}

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 19 23:47:53 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:58:09PM -0400, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> Absolutely! Say a page is deleted. Someone follows a bookmark to that
> now nonexistent page. The wiki just offers to create the page. It
> should say the page was deleted (410) or moved to a new location (301)
> or some other similar message.

Unfortunately there's not a convenient way at the moment for PmWiki
to find out that a page is "deleted", it only knows if the page
exists or doesn't exist.  PmWiki would need to keep a list of
previously existing pages somewhere.  (I suppose we could scan
Site.AllRecentChanges or something like that, however.)

Yes, we could possibly also scan wiki.d/ looking for the pagename with
a ",del-" suffix, but I'm not a big fan of scanning the directory
for this.