[pmwiki-users] {$UrlPage}

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:07:32 CDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:58:09PM -0400, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> > Absolutely! Say a page is deleted. Someone follows a bookmark to that
> > now nonexistent page. The wiki just offers to create the page. It
> > should say the page was deleted (410) or moved to a new location (301)
> > or some other similar message.
>
> Unfortunately there's not a convenient way at the moment for PmWiki
> to find out that a page is "deleted", it only knows if the page
> exists or doesn't exist.  PmWiki would need to keep a list of
> previously existing pages somewhere.  (I suppose we could scan
> Site.AllRecentChanges or something like that, however.)
>
> Yes, we could possibly also scan wiki.d/ looking for the pagename with
> a ",del-" suffix, but I'm not a big fan of scanning the directory
> for this.
>
> Pm

Yeah, I understand your dilema. I really didn't give much
consideration to how one would make it work, but just how it would
idealy work from the users perspective. One thought I had was instead
of deleting a file, leave it on the system but with a note it's been
deleted, or moved with the new location. PmWki would then go to that
file (no scanning all files in the dir) check the status and act
accordingly. Of course, this is a bad idea for a site in which alot of
deleting, renaming and moving goes on. The file system would be
littered right quick. Just thinking out load really.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com