[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.0.0

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 1 14:03:37 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 11:46:30AM -0700, Menachem Shapiro wrote:

> I am running pmwiki-2.0.beta28 and want to upgrade to 2.0.0. I looked
> at the release notes but didn't see clear instructions for upgrading.
> When you said to check the Release Notes, did you mean that I should
> read the Release Notes for all the previous versions, or did you mean
> that you will be putting instructions in the release notes for
> upgrading form pre-2.0.beta44 to 2.0.0?

Well, I meant to read the release notes for all the previous versions,
but I guess that could be a bit long.  Here's a brief summary of things to
look for when going from beta28 to 2.0.0:

* If you're using any cookbook recipes or skins, check the pmwiki.org
  Cookbook section and see if there are updated recipes that correspond
  to later versions, and download them.

* Many of the pages that were previously stored in the Main and PmWiki
  groups are now in the Site group:
    Main.SearchWiki              --> Site.Search
    Main.AllRecentChanges        --> Site.AllRecentChanges
    Main.SideBar                 --> Site.SideBar
    Main.ApprovedUrls            --> Site.ApprovedUrls
    Main.Blocklist               --> Site.Blocklist
    Main.PageNotFound            --> Site.PageNotFound
    PmWiki.EditQuickReference    --> Site.EditQuickReference
    PmWiki.UploadQuickReference  --> Site.UploadQuickReference
  In general the upgrade can handle these changes without any problem,
  but if there are any customizations or skins that depend on things
  being in Main.* they may need to be converted to use Site instead.

* If you're doing customizations in any of the following areas
    - page authorizations
    - page lists/search results
    - RecentChanges pages
    - guibuttons / edit forms

Beyond that, I'd suggest simply reading the release notes for
beta29, beta33, and beta44, which had the most significant changes.

And, as always, if you run into any problems or have questions, just
send them here.