[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 1 14:19:37 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 12:03:48PM -0700, Rene Visco wrote:

> Thanks for the quick responses...just upgraded to PMWiki 2.0 with EASE!
>  NO problem.  PM, a big pat on your back!

I'm very glad to hear it!

> Intranet servers are run by Microsoft IIS server.  For example, we (the
> staff and teachers only, not students for now), can access to servers
> set up in our LANs.  I have Mac myself.  In order to access the
> folders, I have to use the command "Connect to Server" with this
> address:  afp://csdrsrv03 then, give my login id and password to access
> the folder, "Distributions".
>
> For Windows users, it's more simple, for instance,
> J:\Distributions\2005ESY\filename.doc
>
> I hope I explain the scenario clear?  Can the wiki enable links to
> intranet servers, not http://, ftp://, or gopher://?

Yes, the wiki can do this with InterMap links, but since you're in
a mixed Mac and Windows environment it'll be a little trickier.
We'll want to configure PmWiki to detect the browser type and
change the InterMap mapping to match.

But first, let's figure out exactly what urls you need, especially
from the Mac (as I don't have a lot of experience with Macs and afp:
addresses).

First, add an entry to local/localmap.txt like the following:

    Distributions:      afp://csdrsrv03/

and then create a PmWiki page that has the text
"Distributions:2005ESY/filename.doc" (or some other filename that
exists on the server) and see if you can access the file from the
link that results.  If so, then we're well on our way; if not,
let me know what you get back and we'll work from there.