[pmwiki-users] Sidebars and attachments

Chris chris55 at dreamofai.net
Tue Sep 6 12:04:58 CDT 2005

At 13:49 06/09/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:15:19AM +0100, Chris wrote:
> >
> > But whereas [[Attach:file.html]] worked on the Main group but not the
> > others, neither [[Main.Attach:file.html]] or
> > [[Attach:Main.file.html]] would reference the same file.
>
>Try either [[Attach:Main/file.html]] or [[Attach:Main.HomePage/file.html]] .

nope, that doesn't work either, Patrick.

I would have thought [[Attach:Main.Sidebar/file.html]] was more
likely but that doesn't work either. The problem is entirely one with
the sidebar.

Let me be more upfront this time! The page in question is
http://www.cruising.org.uk/sections/ and you can see the effect if
you go to one of the sections and look at the link "list of section
secretaries". It's there on the front page but not on the section
pages. (I have a password on the front page because I found some
rogue process was stomping all over it and of course also an upload
password. Sorry.)

I decided to ftp down the wiki.d directory and found something very
strange. There were TWO copies of several of the key files including
Main.HomePage and Main.SideBar, which of course my ftp complained
about. I didn't realise that unix would tolerate this and I presume
it must be pmWiki's fault. Does anyone know about that bug?

Chris