[pmwiki-users] Sidebars and attachments

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 6 12:22:12 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 06:04:58PM +0100, Chris wrote:
> At 13:49 06/09/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:15:19AM +0100, Chris wrote:
> >>
> >> But whereas [[Attach:file.html]] worked on the Main group but not the
> >> others, neither [[Main.Attach:file.html]] or
> >> [[Attach:Main.file.html]] would reference the same file.
> >
> >Try either [[Attach:Main/file.html]] or [[Attach:Main.HomePage/file.html]]
> >.
>

> nope, that doesn't work either, Patrick.
>
> I would have thought [[Attach:Main.Sidebar/file.html]] was more
> likely but that doesn't work either. The problem is entirely one with
> the sidebar.

Oh.  You're running pmwiki-2.0.beta26.  The ability to access attachments
on other pages wasn't introduced until 2.0.beta28.

If you want to stay with 2.0.beta26, you'll probably want to define
an InterMap shortcut for getting to the Main group's attachments.
Otherwise, you might want to see about upgrading to the latest version.

> I decided to ftp down the wiki.d directory and found something very
> strange. There were TWO copies of several of the key files including
> Main.HomePage and Main.SideBar, which of course my ftp complained
> about. I didn't realise that unix would tolerate this and I presume
> it must be pmWiki's fault. Does anyone know about that bug?

PmWiki doesn't have any capability to create two different files
under the same name, no.  It just uses the plain filesystem.  I
don't know what would be causing this one, but I don't think it's
a PmWiki bug.