[pmwiki-users] Re: blank page with beta55 and Apache2/PHP5

Edward Chadwick edward.chadwick at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 20:32:22 CDT 2005

OK, I finally got it sorted out. Just to recap, I was having a problem
where versions higher that beta28, including 2.0.5 produced no output.
Even a clean install produced a completely blank page.

I also tried a clean install on a new server with default
configuration and that worked fine. To trace the problem I compared
the php.ini file on the new server with that of the (non-)working
server. The difference was in session.save_handler. The one that
worked was set to 'files' and the one that did not work was set to
'user'.

The problem was that session.save_handler was set to 'user' because
that is a requirement for Drupal, also running on the same server.
However, 'files' is apparently required for PmWiki.

I solved this by setting session.save_handler back to 'files' in
php.ini and changing it to 'user' just for Drupal in an .htaccess
file.

Thanks for all the suggestions in troubleshooting this.

Ed Chadwick.

--
Edward K.J. Chadwick PhD.
Department of Biomedical Engineering