[pmwiki-users] how to convert spaces to first line indent?

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Apr 22 12:21:07 CDT 2006

Hans wrote:
> I just upgraded a site to pmwiki 2.1.5 from 2.0...
>
> I had these custom markup to convert empty spaces at the beginning of a
> paragraph to an indent, but now they do not work any longer:

Hans,

Just in case you overlooked it, 2.1.0 added Whitespace indentation rule:

"Whitespace indentation rules now exist and are enabled by default. Any
line that begins with whitespace and aligns with a previous list item is
considered to be "within" that list item. Text folds and wraps as
normal, and the (:linebreaks:) directive is honored. To turn off
whitespace indentation, use DisableMarkup('^ws');."

You might have a look at PITS/00722 to see examples of some of the ways
that interacts with other markup.

Pico