[pmwiki-users] Author cookies

Henrik Bechmann henrik at bechmannsoftware.com
Sat Aug 12 15:20:41 CDT 2006

Patrick,

I don't think the approaches are necessarily mutually exclusive.

Where there is no use of passwords, but user name required, you could
still put the "save password on my computer" beside the author field on
the edit form.

Where there is use of passwords and also author name required, you could
duplicate the author name field (and checkbox option) on the login form.

Where no author name is required, you could leave it on the bottom of
the edit form (for optional entry -- do you hide this when no author
name is required?), again with the checkbox beside.

You could still have a separate preferences form (to essentially manage
cookie settings) if you wanted to get fancy, or just let users uncheck
the one option on the login/edit form.

- Henrik

Henrik Bechmann
www.osscommons.ca