[pmwiki-users] Author cookies

Henrik Bechmann henrik at bechmannsoftware.com
Sat Aug 12 15:32:23 CDT 2006

Patrick,
> But just because there's no login screen doesn't mean that
> authors don't want to sometimes "logout" -- i.e., to remove
> their name from the "Author" field in the edit form.
It occurs to me that this notion is based on a different concept of
session from the one that I put forward, ie your concept is a
multi-part, relatively-persistent, the
session-continues-until-I-say-it-is-over session. Mine is a "single
sitting". This of course complicates things.

How about a "clearcookie" (probably with a different name) action that
would accomplish this? I base this on an assertion that most people
would conceive of a session as a single sitting (think about bank
sites), and therefore would think of "logout" (implicitly or explicitly)
as applying to a single sitting .

Are we having a semantic issue here?

- Henrik

did I say "simple things are hard"?