[pmwiki-users] strange problem when trying to save one particular page - wget in content

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Aug 15 13:08:21 CDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 07:51:44PM +0200, Patrick Ogay wrote:
> pmwiki-2.1.beta25
> I was  trying to update an existing site, and now I found out that my
> pmwiki installation doesn't accept "wget" in the content anymore even
> not in [= =] .
> Same error when searching for wget:-)
>
> I tested the same content on pmwiki.com and it works, so I assume I can
> correct the error with an upgrade.

Actually, I suspect the problem is that your site has implemented
"mod_security", which disables posts containing potentially suspicious
text.

Other phrases you might try include "curl" and "file()" -- if posts
containing those words are blocked, or if you're getting messages
back from the webserver (as opposed to PmWiki) then that's
an indication that it's mod_security that is blocking your posts.

I don't have a solution to the problem, since it technically isn't
PmWiki that is doing the blocking.