[pmwiki-users] strange problem when trying to save one particular page - wget in content

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Tue Aug 15 15:02:37 CDT 2006

On 8/16/06, Patrick Ogay <lists at basel-inside.ch> wrote:
> I was  trying to update an existing site, and now I found out that my
> pmwiki installation doesn't accept "wget" in the content anymore even
> not in [= =] .
> Same error when searching for wget:-)

I had a problem with curl - which is actually an English word!  I was
able to get around it in the first instance by making sure it only
occurred at the end of a line, so it was followed by a line feed and
NOT a space.  As soon as I put a space after it, the server spat the
dummy.

Personally I don't see why having the text 'curl' (or 'wget') in a
text file is a security issue.  Seems a bit brute force to me.

--
Allister