[pmwiki-users] Fwd: any solution to get a full customizable login prompt ?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Aug 20 10:12:35 CDT 2006

Thank you Patrick for that very helpful information.  It explained the
login process very clearly. Someone should put this in the docs!  :)

My situation is this:  I have my own login recipe (actually, just a
specialized switch in the FAST Data project).  It retrieves a password
from a person's data page, checks it against the password they enter
into a form, and if they match it runs the line AuthUserId($pagename,
$_POST['Member']); and then forwards them to my specified NextPage (a
hidden form field).

When I logged in using my member name and admin password, on this
form, it logged me in, but did not give me admin permissions.  So
according to your comments, somewhere there was a glitch.

> > 1) How does one not only log a user in, but give all permissions
> > appropriate to their password.  Using  AuthUserId($pagename,
> > $_POST['Member']); does the first but not the second.
>
> It should do the second also -- any password entered is used for
> authorization to passwords.  If it's not doing that, I probably
> need to see the config.php.

If you would be willing to take a look at it, I could send you my
config file, and maybe we can figure out why.  I came up with my own
workaround however.  On Site.AuthForm, I simply did this:

(:if !authid:)
My login form
(:if authid:)
Standard login form
(:if:)

This way, when a person logs in, it pulls up my form, and logs them in
just fine.  Then if someone want to edit a page, it pulls up the
second form which authorizes the right permissions.  Not an elegant
solution--but it works for me for now, as most permissions on my site
are either admin or authid.  Of course, I personally have to login
twice to get to admin privileges.

Let me know if you would like to look at this and try to figure why I
need the second login.

Cheers,
Caveman

PS.  It just occurred to me,  AuthUserId( ) probably pulls the
$_POST['Passwd'] for to set permissions, and I'm using
$_POST['Password'] in my form. Could that be the answer?