[pmwiki-users] Fwd: any solution to get a full customizable login prompt ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Aug 20 11:21:44 CDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 11:12:35AM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> Thank you Patrick for that very helpful information.  It explained the
> login process very clearly. Someone should put this in the docs!  :)
>
> My situation is this:  I have my own login recipe (actually, just a
> specialized switch in the FAST Data project).  It retrieves a password
> from a person's data page, checks it against the password they enter
> into a form, and if they match it runs the line AuthUserId($pagename,
> $_POST['Member']); and then forwards them to my specified NextPage (a
> hidden form field).

Ohhhh, I see the issue!  AuthUserId() isn't the function that
adds passwords to the list of entered passwords -- it simply
handles authenticating the person given by the $id argument
(as well as authenticating any group memberships).

> PS.  It just occurred to me,  AuthUserId( ) probably pulls the
> $_POST['Passwd'] for to set permissions, and I'm using
> $_POST['Password'] in my form. Could that be the answer?

Close.  It's not AuthUserId() that grabs the password, but
PmWikiAuth(), and it's looking for $_POST['authpw'] to add
to the list of entered passwords.