[pmwiki-users] Endless waiting

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Fri Feb 17 02:25:15 CST 2006

>>Sounds like something to do with the webserver configuration on
>>your laptop -- what webserver are you running?  (OS might be
>>useful to know, also.)
>

> Sorry, been around Mac people too long ;-)
>
> Apache 1 (standard version) on OS X
>
> But I now see that this is a server/OS thing ... probably some kind of
> address resolution thing.

It's an Apache configuration thing. The file is probably
/etc/apache/httpd.conf. If you have a look at the <Directory> directive,
whether or not you have a trailing backslash controls the behaviour you
are seeing.

So <Directory /var/www/myweb>

is treated differently to

<Directory /var/www/myweb/>

I don't have the Apache docs to hand, so I'm afraid I can't be mor e
helpful:)

Ian.