[pmwiki-users] 2.1.beta18 released

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:40:03 CST 2006

On 1/10/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 02:02:46PM -0600, Jon Haupt wrote:
> >    When I upgrade to beta18, I get some weird stuff happening that
> wasn't in
> >    beta17.  I can't explain it, at least not yet, other than to say that
> the
> >    wiki only appears to work exactly 50% of the time, and that the other
> 50%
> >    of the time I get 500 Internal Server Error.
> >
> >    http://josquin.us/wiki
> >
> >    You'll find that you'll probably get 500 the first time.  Just
> refresh,
> >    and voila, it seems to work.  But wait, try again, and you'll get
> error
> >    500 again.  Any ideas?  (notice I'm using CleanUrl)
>
> Wow, that is.... um.... bizarre!!!
>
> I also notice that if you follow page links everything seems to work
> fine -- it only gets the error when initially loading the page or
> refreshing the page (at 50% rate).
>
> What happens if you downgrade back to beta17?  Perhaps we can at least
> narrow it down to something in the recent upgrade...?
>
> Pm

Absolutely, it only does it in beta18.  As a matter of fact, I am working on
another wiki that is more active & public, so I downgraded it back to beta17
and it works fine, again.  It runs on the same web server as the other wiki.

http://www.mla2006.com

So again, the above link is to a wiki that was working fine in beta17, I
upgraded to beta18, experienced the weirdness, then downgraded to beta17.

--
Jon Haupt
Fine & Performing Arts Librarian
jhaupt at iastate.edu