[pmwiki-users] How can I set up a private area?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Sun Jan 15 14:01:29 CST 2006

At 2006-01-15  07:27 PM +0000, Hans is rumored to have said:
>All page changes are posted to Site.AllRecentChanges. This includes
>changes to pages in the private group. So it may be prudent to
>restrict access to Site.AllRecentChanges, make it read protected like
>the private group.

To prevent posting of changes to the private group(s), add a file to
/local with the name of the group like so:

groupname.php

The content of the file should be:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
##  This is here to kill recording of Private stuff in AllRecentChanges
unset($RecentChangesFmt['Site.AllRecentChanges']);

?>

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/