[pmwiki-users] password questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 26 13:21:34 CST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 06:56:48PM +0000, Susan wrote:
> 1. Is there an easy way to clear out all the passwords and permissions, and
> start from scratch?

At the moment, no, but I expect I'll add an easy way to locate
passwords/permissions in the release following beta21.

> 2. Where are the permissions for each page / group stored? Is this editable?

Each page has its permissions stored in the page file itself, in wiki.d.

Each group has its permissions stored in a page called "GroupAttributes".

> 3. Are roles supported? From messages here it looks like they are, but
> I don't see any documentation. E.g., A can do anything (and rarely
> logs in), B and C can do most things (and generate the content). C and
> D can see everything but only change some things. E and F can see
> only some things and edit nothing. E gets promoted. D gets fired.
> I want to change their role rather than changing
> passwords everywhere.

Yes, roles are supported, although we've been calling them
"authorization groups".  Perhaps "role" is a better term.

At any rate, the information about roles is in the Site.AuthUser
page.  Essentially you would define roles such as @admin, @editors,
@contributors, and place people into the roles via Site.AuthUser,
as in either

    @admin: A