[pmwiki-users] disallow off-site images?

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:25:11 CST 2006

On 1/25/06, Hans <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 5:21:01 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > Why wouldn't url-approvals work for this?
>
> with url approval i can approve my own site and disapprove all others,
> which will block images from showing which are on other servers. But
> it also will stop me from showing url links to other sites.
> How can i approve of links and of image-links separately?

I don't think you need to. Consider:

You edit a page and add some acceptable offsite links. Upon saving the
page, you enter the url-aproval password and everything is good.
Later, someone else comes along and adds an offending image link. He
is asked for the url-approval password (which he doesn't know) so his
link/image does not work - but yours were already approved so they
still will. Latter, you revisit the page and see there is a url
awaiting aproval. Upon examination you determine is is unexceptable
and delete it from the source. At this point you can add more links
and approve them etc.

Nowhere were your aproved links disrupted and the offending image was
never displayed/linked on the page. Although, I didn't test this
before posting. I'm just going off memory of how I observed it to work
in the past. So I may have missed something.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com