[pmwiki-users] disallow off-site images?

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 02:30:16 CST 2006

Saturday, January 28, 2006, 4:25:11 AM, Waylan wrote:
> You edit a page and add some acceptable offsite links. Upon saving the
> page, you enter the url-aproval password and everything is good.
> Later, someone else comes along and adds an offending image link. He
> is asked for the url-approval password (which he doesn't know) so his
> link/image does not work - but yours were already approved so they
> still will. Latter, you revisit the page and see there is a url
> awaiting aproval. Upon examination you determine is is unexceptable
> and delete it from the source. At this point you can add more links
> and approve them etc.

But by approving  a site to display links to the site I automatically
approve  also of links to images hosted on that site. There is no
differentiation. So someone adding image links like for instance
http://approvedsite.com/pathtoimages/image.jpg has the image displayed
automatically, no further approval necessary, as the site is already
approved.

My point: I don't see a mechanism which will block display of images
and other of-site material but still allow the display of links to
pages on the other site.

Best,
~Hans