[pmwiki-users] Is there a note plugin?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 7 15:54:06 CDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:08:41PM -0500, Little, Charles wrote:

> > > How about http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Note ?
> >
> > Where is (:markup:) defined?
> >

> (:markup:) just shows the code along with the effect in the page.  I
> think these markups are probably defined in some file, and that's what I
> want to get a hold of.  I've been doing this manually- this will save me
> mucho time!

The five files needed (one .css and four .png's) are at

    http://www.pmichaud.com/pmwiki/pub/note/

To use them, create a pub/note/ subdirectory, place the
files in that directory, and then add the following line
to a local customization file (e.g., local/config.php):

$HTMLHeaderFmt['note'] =
  "<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='\$PubDirUrl/note/note.css />";

This enables the >>classic<<, >>important<<, >>warning<<, and >>tip<<
styles.

I haven't decided what the "official" version of this might look like --
I'm thinking that instead of >>important<<, >>warning<< and >>tip<<
it might be better for us to use something like

    >>note-plain<<
    >>note-important<<
    >>note-warning<<
    >>note-tip<<

or

    >>note plain<<
    >>note important<<
    >>note warning<<
    >>note tip<<

But whatever we come up with, it'll be easy to make the other
items work.

(There's also a conflict with >>note<< in that parts of PmWiki
are already using a %note% wikistyle, so we'd want to resolve
that somewhere.)