[pmwiki-users] Wikitrails $TrailPathSep

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Fri Jun 23 14:21:15 CDT 2006

Is there a variable called $TrailPathSep?

If so, can it used to change the WikiTrail path separation character
from the default (pipe "|", as in << PriorPage | Index | NextPage >>")
as stated in the distributed and refactored documentation?*

Note that the string $TrailPathSep is not rendered as a vardoc link and
is only mentioned on WikiTrails documentation pages.

A recent post on the documentation page asks: "What am I missing? I
tried this on two different pmwiki installations, and it didn't do
anything in either one.. shi June 23, 2006, at 01:27 PM"

Following up, I tested this on my site (2.1.11) and wasn't able to get
it working.

Pico

* The distributed WikiTrail documentation (currently saved as
PmWiki/WikiTrails-OldVersion on pmwiki.org) states:

Wiki administrators can change the trail separator of the "path" trail (
^|[[TrailIndexPage]]|^ ) from the default | by setting the variable
$TrailPathSep in the config.php file. For instance $TrailPathSep = ' >
'; will output "TrailIndexPage > TrailPage2 > TrailPage4".
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiTrails

The refactored page (PmWiki/WikiTrails on pmwiki.org) similarly states:

* Administrators can change the trail path separator ("|") that
separates the path elements of a trail link by editing the variable
$TrailPathSep in the config.php file.
          o For example, adding the line
                + $TrailPathSep = ' > '; will change the trail links
generated by PmWiki to
                + << TrailPage1 > IndexPage > TrailPage3 >> (on simple
and circular trails) and
                + IndexPage > TrailPage1 > TrailPage3 (on a breadcrumb
trail).

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiTrails-OldVersion