[pmwiki-users] Lateral thought from a newbie [E-Commerce]

Slug Shrubbers slug120 at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 29 15:00:33 CDT 2006

Marc et al.

  Some very interesting responses and observations to the wild and wacky idea of using a wiki for e-commerce. I'm still getting to grips with the underlying architecture, to try and model a ***simple*** way of using it for such a process. However, I managed to build a wiki for a school website in less than 48 hours....nothing else comes close. Works just the same on Linux/Apache as Windows/IIS, with no fiddling around.

  I understand there are the finer legal points, but a number of those can be dealt with at registration to be a customer; or indeed if you only handled "account" orders.

  I personally think the architecture is there to make it a configurable workflow engine for about any process. I know that this is beyond the original philosophy, but isn't workflow all about collaboration between workers; and process improvement only comes about by eveybody understanding the process!!!

  Too lateral for this time of night, I know.

  BTW Great community you've built here.

  RMS (UK)