[pmwiki-users] Email notification on a page change

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 3 13:57:16 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 09:49:24AM +0100, Dominique Faure wrote:
> > Comments, thoughts, for anyone who managed to get this far...?
>
> Some thoughts:
>
> Providing this or similar features, enhanced with:
> * multiple mailto recipient,

Sure, no problem.

> * a callback mecanism to allow a page commenting recipe to propagate
> user notes into sent mails,

Possibly.  More likely is that the sent mails will be able to
make use of page variables, so there would just need to be some
page variables to allow that to happen.

> Site.NotifyList may/should become another authentication group source.

Oh, I hope not.  It might eventually tie into the authentication
groups somehow, but initially I want to keep them separate.

> Has it a meaning to be notified of forbidden/unreadeable page changes?

By default the script will honor the setting of $EnablePageListProtect,
and for purposes of generating the update messages it will assume
that an anonymous user is attempting to access the page(s).
(At the moment I don't have a cleaner way than this to handle things.)

The admin will have the ability to override read-protection for
specific entries in Site.NotifyLists.