[pmwiki-users] adding a background image

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 10:00:28 CST 2006

On 3/5/06, christine the sprite <sunhawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...now i am trying to discover how to organize the pages i want to create
> for my site.  Basically i want to create a wiki where people can write
> tutorials to share with others and make that page-creation process as
> painless as possible.  May i ask, is there a simple way to organize wiki
> pages into categories?  I would love if the left-side menu bar i currently
> have could be expanded or an alphabetical categories list page could be set
> up.

Hi:

Who's your user-base - will your users all get any instruction before they
begin to contribute, or will some participants need an intro to wiki and a
little "yes, you really can click 'edit'" hand-holding?

Do you already know what most of the categories will be, so you can
pre-populate a list and then have an "Other" category, where material can go
until it gets reviewed and distributed?

Have a look at the "NewPage" recipes - maybe one of these would be useful:

   - NewPageBox <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NewPageBox> :
   Provide a form to create new pages (simple)
   - NewPageBoxPlus <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NewPageBoxPlus>: As
   NewPageBox with additional options
   - New Page Form <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NewPageForm> :
   Adds a new page using a form (more advanced)
   - Add PageForm <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AddPageForm> : Add
   pages without having to place their name on another page first

Do you want to use the existing "Category" tagging, or will you use
wikigroups to organize you content?  If tagging, then get your Category
wikigroup set up:
1) Create Category.Category
2) Create Category.GroupFooter

hth,