[pmwiki-users] Wiki farm confusion

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 19:06:55 CST 2006

On 3/15/06, H. Fox <haganfox at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 3/15/06, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> > As for my barn idea--I hope no one thought I was joking about calling
> > the base the barn.  I think it is a good idea!  A farmer keeps his
> > main equipment in the barn, and that barn can be located in any field.
> >  The equipment in that barn can be used to cultivate multiple fields.
> > He can even put the barn in some secure area, separate from any field,
> > if he wishes. Or he can be a small time farmer with one field with one
> > barn (a simple install).
>
> It's a good and creative suggestion, but I think the trend of taking
> off our straw hat, climbing off of our tractors, and toning down the
> creation of new farm-related labels might be the way to go.
>
> > As I've read through the maze of posts, it's become quite obvious to
> > me we're using the word farm in multiple ways:  a farm install (the
> > approach), a farm field (a field), "the" farm field (the barn field),
> > the farm itself (the barn).  That's where the ambiguity is.  Using my
> > barn idea seems to make thngs very simple, clear, and intuitive--which
> > is what makes PmWiki so great.  It separates the code (the equipment
> > in the barn) from the data (the fields, where our wiki's are hopefully
> > growing).
>
> FWIW I switched to "home installation" in my document.  "Farmhouse"
> seemed a little over the top.  :-)
>
> Hagan
> (humming the theme song from "Green Acres")

Just thought folks might get a small kick, as I did, from the list of Adv
links that google found appropriate to run alongside Hagan's post above, in
my gmail account:

On Sale - Limited
Time<http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/adclick?sa=l&ai=BpiRwX7kYRKryOpXOswHSt8SjApSAgAWkqb-dAcCNtwHQ2REQARgBIIaPgAIoBEiXOVDBtdLn_v____8BqgEnQWNjb3VudEFnZTEyMHRvSW5maW5pdHkrQ29udGVudE9uZWJveENWsgEJZ21haWwuY29tyAEB2gEwaHR0cDovL2dtYWlsLmNvbS81d2JiYjA2NmQ4dGZoNnpvcTNhNHJjazQ3bjE4cWw3lQIFQywK&num=1&adurl=http://www.gearexpress.com>
Edelweiss 10.3 x 60 Dry Rope $119.95
www.gearexpress.com

JustRopes.com<http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/adclick?sa=l&ai=BrH06X7kYRKryOpXOswHSt8SjAtTyxQbk9fmYAcCNtwGQsAoQAhgCIIaPgAIoBEiQOVDt6_KSBKoBJ0FjY291bnRBZ2UxMjB0b0luZmluaXR5K0NvbnRlbnRPbmVib3hDVrIBCWdtYWlsLmNvbcgBAdoBMGh0dHA6Ly9nbWFpbC5jb20vNXdiYmIwNjZkOHRmaDZ6b3EzYTRyY2s0N24xOHFsN5UCIpIsCg&num=2&adurl=http://justropes.com>
Huge Selection of Climbing Ropes. Beal, Mammut, Edelrid, Maxim & PMI
www.justropes.com

Climbing Equipment<http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/adclick?sa=l&ai=B7CaZX7kYRKryOpXOswHSt8SjAqzHiQzAv8yTAsCNtwGwvRAQAxgDIIaPgAIoBEidOVDD3dvU-f____8BqgEnQWNjb3VudEFnZTEyMHRvSW5maW5pdHkrQ29udGVudE9uZWJveENWsgEJZ21haWwuY29tyAEB2gEwaHR0cDovL2dtYWlsLmNvbS81d2JiYjA2NmQ4dGZoNnpvcTNhNHJjazQ3bjE4cWw3lQISNCwK&num=3&adurl=http://www.backcountry.com/store/cat/5/Climb.html%3FCP%3DGoogle%26CMP%3DKNC-Google%26mv_pc%3Dr101%26gcid%3DS2000x064%26keyword%3Dclimbing%2Bequipment>
Free Shipping on Climbing Gear by Black Diamond, Metolius and More!
Backcountry.com

Animal Farm<http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/adclick?sa=l&ai=BeY1bX7kYRKryOpXOswHSt8SjAs2q5AnB26GjAcCNtwGg7w8QBBgEIIaPgAIoBEiOOVD39Ira-v____8BqgEnQWNjb3VudEFnZTEyMHRvSW5maW5pdHkrQ29udGVudE9uZWJveENWsgEJZ21haWwuY29tyAEB2gEwaHR0cDovL2dtYWlsLmNvbS81d2JiYjA2NmQ4dGZoNnpvcTNhNHJjazQ3bjE4cWw3lQIjZSwK&num=4&adurl=http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g211868-d213080-Reviews-m10560-Animal_Farm-Boyle_County_Roscommon-GTEST356613C.html>
Free farm animals clipart, gifs, animations, flags, email, ...
www.fg-a.com

heh, go figure.  -- Tegan