[pmwiki-users] different URLs (was: Re: Fwd: Re: RFC: PITS 00701 -- WikiFarm confusion)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Mar 16 12:24:38 CST 2006

First, let me rephrase your question to remove the word "field":
>Is there a way to have different URLs without a wiki farm? I can see many
>cases where you'd have different URLs administered by the same person.

And the answer is yes. Just do full installs of PmWiki into different
directories accessed by different URLs.

You now have many wikis, but not a farm. In a farm, only one of the
wikis holds the PmWiki code. For convenience, it is called the "home wiki".

This is described in a bit more detail on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiFarmsNeil

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/