[pmwiki-users] Spam Blocking Proposal

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Tue Mar 28 16:39:16 CST 2006

Wendell Brown wrote:
> I am apparently one of several pmwiki users to become a renewed target
> for wiki spam.  And being a firm believer in proactive blocking (ie,

..snippy...

Just stating the obvious.  You might want to investigate using
authorized logins for editing.  IMHO, that works well.. you can't
edit without logging in.

It also removes anonymity from the edits.

Just a suggestion.

As you may already know... you CAN'T win the war with
the blocking mechanisms already mentioned.  And who
wants to maintain thousands and thousands and thousands
of lines of blocking lists and regular expressions??