[pmwiki-users] Attributes - edit password

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Mar 31 11:56:51 CST 2006

At 2006-03-31  09:38 AM -0800, Ajitabh Pandey is rumored to have said:
>My requirement is also similar, but I want to set the
>default edit restrictions on a user's page to whatever
>the users password is:

I am wondering if these attempts to limit editing of Profiles pages
is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

If you are authenticating user names and passwords (with authuser or
equivalent) and forcing $Author to always be the login name, anybody
altering any page will leave an auditable "signature" behind. You can
then gently remind the errant user that they should only edit their
own profile.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/